History

1886 Lenzie Academy – then a primary and secondary school – opens in what is now Lenzie Primary School.
1960 Lenzie Academy moves to its present site in Myrtle Avenue.
1968 Lenzie Moss Primary School opens
1979 Millersneuk Primary School opens
2010 EDC carries out a review of the primary school estate.  As part of this, EDC tables and then withdraws a recommendation to close Lenzie Primary School and split the pupils between Lenzie Moss and Millersneuk Primaries.
2012 EDC revisits the primary school estate review.
2013 EDC moves to statutory consultation on the merger of Lenzie and Lenzie Moss Primary Schools and also the merger of Auchinairn and Woodhill Primary Schools in Bishopbriggs.